After putting in our roof vent, the next job was to install the two rear windows! We determined to go for bonded rear home windows as we don’t really must open them since we’re having openable side home windows, and if we want any additional air flow, then we are able to just open up the back doorways instead. For the reason that side home windows aren’t going to be blacked out, we went for the green home windows, which is the standard glass colour.
We began by drilling some pilot holes from inside the van across the area that we needed to cut out. Shane made additional pilot holes across the corners to make it rather a lot simpler to cut around. As soon as the pilot holes had been drilled, he reduce around the space with the jigsaw to remove the inside panel. We determined to solely do one window at a time, just to make sure it was all working.
Once the metal was reduce out, we used the u-profile edge trim to assist seal the window and to make it neater (and safer) from the inside of the CRL Van Windows. Once we spoke to the guy that we purchased it from, he really useful to start at the backside of the window and work up and around, just to prevent any water from getting inside the seal, and to overlap it a tiny bit, just to make certain that it’s all sealed!
Once the edge trim was on, we cleaned the outside of the van with among the totalseal 7016 cleaner & activator to remove any grime that was on the surface. We then cleaned the back of the glass with it too, just to remove any filth and grease from our fingerprints.
All of the totalseal products are designed for use together, so we then used the totalseal 5028 primer and painted it around the glass panel the place the adhesive could be used to aid with the adhesion and left it to dry for 15 minutes earlier than making use of the adhesive. You also needs to apply the primer to the van too for finest adhesion (which we forgot to do).
We found that the adhesive was like a really thick tar, which was virtually impossible to make use of, but we found that heating the container up in some warm water to roughly room temperature helped to apply it. The nozzle comes precut with a ‘v’ shape into it so that not too much is used.
Apply a thin layer around the edge of the sting trim in as close to at least one motion as you may get, however not so shut that it’ll spill over when the pressure of the glass is pushed onto it. Be certain that there aren’t any gaps, otherwise water will leak through. You don’t want to apply too much, otherwise it can overflow onto the glass pane, or out of the edge of the glass like what happened to us on the first window, which can cause leaks!
We then shortly positioned the window into position with the glass suction lifter. Luckily my dad had one, however if you don’t have one handy, it’s fairly easy to just position it with out the lifter. Be sure you place it a little bit higher at the prime than the underside and make sure it’s far over enough in order that the 2 glass panels don’t hit against each other whenever you shut them! We put it right to the edge of the pane, however it was an in depth one! Make sure you be fast though, as the adhesive dries really quickly!
As soon as the window is in place, leave it to dry for just a few hours. We left it overnight to dry up, then checked to make sure it was waterproof. Shane poured water throughout the edges while I stood inside checking that no water came inside the van! And that’s pretty much it! It was such a straightforward job to do (probably simpler than the rooflight) and solely took a few hours to do each windows.