New Zealand Immigration Advice

If you happen to want to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three essential methods to do this:

1. Complete the applying type your self

You’ll be able to select the visa you want using the Immigration internetsite and full the application form yourself with the data provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Every visa type has an application form and accompanying guide. We suggest you read the guide before making an attempt to complete the application form.

Don’t fear if you happen to get caught along the way in which; you may contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Have interaction a licensed immigration adviser

You can interact a licensed immigration adviser to help you with your visa software but they should have a present licence.

A person who provides New Zealand immigration advice with out being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Before partaking an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to make sure the particular person you are partaking has a legitimate immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers could only be able to advise on limited areas).

The Authorities’s Immigration Advisers Authority offers information on who can give New Zealand immigration advice and explains the best way to complain if you’re unhappy. Additionally they provide a useful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you might have any issue discovering a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you can contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is responsible for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking action against those giving immigration advice with no licence.

3. Engage somebody who’s exempt from the license necessities

You can also search immigration advice from people who are exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption consists of:

schooling agents who are only permitted to provide immigration advice on student visas

lawyers with a present New Zealand practising certificate

overseas diplomats and consular workers

employees of the New Zealand Government who present immigration advice as a part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption consists of:

attorneys with a present New Zealand practising certificate

members of Parliament and their workers who present immigration advice as a part of their jobs

government employees who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Group Law Centres or Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Legislation Society website will help you discover a lawyer or authorized firm or check that your present lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.